IAVA Membership Benefits
IAVA is a 501C certified NPO committed to facilitate & celebrate events to cater to the individual & professional development of the members of the local community of Central Virginia.
IAVA celebrates & facilitates events that include cultural, social, humanitarian, educational & sports activities enables diverse individualities to share a strong bond rooted in common heritage promoting a sense of Unity in Diversity!!!
Membership fee for IAVA is $25 per family and $15 per single member. (Family membership includes member, spouse and dependent children)
IAVA offers several benefits to its members. Throughout the year, IAVA organizes several community events where members can enjoy diverse cultural shows and variety of delicious food items. Below are some examples of such events. For a complete list of events please visit IAVA event schedules and mark your calendars! We celebrate with the community :
- Republic Day of India – highlighting the facts of the largest democracy in the world and celebrate with a Cultural show and dinner
- The Feeling of Togetherness through Picnics, Outdoor overnight Camping, Trekking & Sports
- Independence Day of India: highlighting the fights of great individuals and groups world over for right of freedom & liberty with a cultural show and dinner
Through engagement forums, IAVA provides opportunities to increase its members’ sense of belonging to the Indian community. For example, IAVA plans and organizes several workshops designed to engage children, youth & adults for cultural, health education, team spirit, and leadership enhancement. You can find additional details in the IAVA newsletter "Darpan" or this website.
IAVA has other valuable offerings to its members ranging from discount coupons to assistance in getting support from the Indian embassy. Examples include:
- Discounted shopping at IAVA partner local businesses
- Passport and visa support from Indian embassy
- Support from Indian Banks such as SBI
- Access to local political forums and leaders
- Access to directory of IAVA members
Many of IAVA members are also drawn to the association with personal motivating reasons such as potential opportunities to bring forth new talents, creativity, and skills to positively impact the community life quality, to follow own sense of duty to contribute back to the community, to find platform to develop meaningful associations with other community members, to improve skills of social relations, planning, and general leadership, and , last but not the least, a strong desire to bring positive improvement in the quality of Indian community life.